As a member of the Finnish Society of Melbourne, you are supporting the Finnish community here in Melbourne. Members allow us to put on bigger and better cultural events, and support other Finnish-Australian interests.
FSM is an Incorporated Association which means it is collectively owned and operated by its members. By becoming a member you have a say in the future and direction of FSM through decisions made at the Annual General Meeting.
- Discounted Events, Sauna, and Hall Hire (Conditions apply).
- Borrowing from our library of books, DVDs, and magazines.
- Join a social or activity group.
- Must be aged over 12 years
- Must have Finnish Heritage (born in Finland, have Finnish parents or partner)
People who do not meet the Finnish Heritage requirement may still apply but will be considered a social member only and will not be eligible to vote at the AGM. Other benefits are not affected.
Under 12 years
- Are covered by their parents/guardian’s membership.
- Require adult supervision at all our events and activities.
12 years and older
- require their own membership and are considered students in the application form.
Due every 1st July
First Year Free
Must have moved to Australia from Finland within 6 months
Students & Pensioners
Must have or be one of the following:
- Valid student card or aged under 18 years
- Valid pension card or aged over 65 years.
Complete the online form, or paper form and send it back to PO Box 117, Altona 3018.
The committee will review your application when they convene on the first Monday of every month.
After being reviewed, you will receive an email with our response detailing how to pay for the current term of membership, if you haven’t already done so.
Once we have received payment you will be added to our database and be granted the benefits listed above.
Keep your contact details updated
pay the fee every year on the 1st July
If at any time you have any issues or questions about membership or the forms, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.